- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 cups torn radicchio
- 2 tablespoons (1/2-inch) sliced green onions
- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, quartered lengthwise
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
Remove and discard stems from mushrooms, reserving caps. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushroom caps; sauté 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add sage, thyme, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in sherry vinegar, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
Pour mushroom mixture over spinach mixture, tossing well to coat. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Place about 1 cup salad on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 2 egg quarters. Serves 4