Sunday, November 11, 2012

Every Romance Needs a Good Bromance

Secondary characters can make or break a book. Since bromances are one of my favorite things to read, I make sure to always incorporate them in my novels. Planning for Love introduces the hero, Ben, to Gib, a British ex-pat hotel manager. They meet in the gym, where Ben's running his way straight to a heart attack on the treadmill until Gib coaxes him into a break.

“Then why, if you don’t mind me asking a personal question, were you just running as if pursued by an angry mob out for blood?”
“Nice imagery.”
“Thank you.” Gib handed over an icy bottle. “I wanted to spin something about an enraged, shotgun-wielding father and a recently defiled virgin, but I didn’t want to cast any aspersions.”
“Well, you British are famous for your restraint.”

No comments:

Post a Comment